Sick Car? Call a wrong fuel doctor
Simply give us a call. One of our wrong fuel doctors will be out in a flash to attend the vehicle, get it fully drained, and having it running as sweetly as before.
What is a fuel doctor?
You might be wondering what a fuel doctor is. Well, if we liken a vehicle to the human body we can draw out similarities between treatment of illnesses and the resolving of mechanical issues in an automobile. If you are sick it is likely you go to see a doctor. He would probably be a general physician able to diagnose the general problem and either treat it himself or, more likely, refer you to a specialist for treatment.
This is the same as an automobile mechanic. They are fantastic at finding out what the problem with the vehicle is, but when it comes to specialist vehicle systems they are more likely to refer the vehicle to someone specifically trained in that field.
Moreover, if you had a toothache you would not go to the doctor – you would go directly to see the specialist doctor trained in the field of teeth – a dentist. Or if it’s a problem with your back you would see a back doctor or physician – a chiropractor. It is the same with contaminated fuel issues. If you have issues with contaminated fuel in your car, there is no need to take the car to a mechanic. Instead, get a "fuel doctor" to address the problem.
Fuel doctor definition:
A fuel doctor is a highly specialised automotive fuel system technician. It requires very specific training and years of experience on all different fuel systems on various makes and models.
They are trained on how to best access fuel tanks, lines, pumps and filters to be able to drain and clean them of any fuel contamination issues without damaging anything. This means that it is unlikely that any fuel system components will need to be changed or replaced in the process of a fuel drain.
Our fuel doctors, or “Fuel Drain Technicians” as we call them, are some of the best in the business. We have our own in-house training regime which ensures that they our fuel doctors are able to resolve any form of wrong fuel in car problem – be it that you put petrol in a diesel car, diesel in a petrol car, water mixed into the fuel, or even AdBlue contamination in a diesel fuel tank.
Misfueling Advice from a fuel doctor
If you do find yourself with a car suffering from the ill effects of mixed fuel, no fuel or something that shouldn’t be in the fuel in your car, don’t panic.
- If you have driven the car already - stop and don't restart it. Doing so risks damaging the delicate fuel system components.
- When the vehicle is stopped in a safe place, get out of the nearside if you are on a motorway, stand somewhere safe and contact us straight away.
- After a few short questions you will be provided with a quote, and one of our wrong fuel doctors (Fuel Drain Technicians) will be despatched.
- They will aim to be with you within the hour, and just half an hour later you should have the the vehicle back on the road, getting on with your journey.
Any Sort of Fuel Problem
No matter the fuel contamination problem the solution is to simply give us a call. One of our wrong fuel doctors will be out in a flash to attend the vehicle, get it fully drained, and having it running and have you back on the road in no time.
We deal with all manner of fuel contamination and removal issues. Just some of the services we provide:
- Wrong fuel – we can help if you have put the wrong fuel in your car. We provide full mobile fuel drains.
- Water contamination – if you have water in your fuel tank (most cases are as a result of using a jerry can or fuel container which had previously been used for transporting water)
- Adblue in diesel: This is becoming more and more common as a lot of modern diesel vehicles are now fitted with AdBlue systems for cleaning exhaust fumes
- Fuel Removal: This is a broader subject. In this capacity we deal with vehicles being de-fleeted, others being emptied out for shipping, transportation or because it is being put in an enclosed space (like a shopping mall) and needs to be empty. It also includes bulk fuel removal from depots.
- Boats: We deal with boats suffering from contaminated fuel, old or stale fuel, or just needing to be emptied out before going into dry-dock.
- Out of fuel: We also come out to vehicles which have run out of fuel and are stuck roadside.
0800 711 7114
We are a 24/7 national wrong fuel drain service and cover the entirety of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. We have technicians based in strategic locations around the country to ensure that we are able to get out to most locations within the shortest time possible. Our average call-out time over the last 2 years has been 49 minutes.
We have professionally trained technicians and call-centre staff who are able to give relevant and honest advice and guidance on the subject of misfuelling. We are able to attend all makes and models – including modern vehicles that other service operators tend to shy away from (this includes hybrids).
We are certified to operate on petrol station forecourts, roadside or at commercial or residential locations.
If you have any questions at all about contaminated fuel issues then please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are open 24 hours a day and are always ready and willing to help.
Note: we are not mobile mechanics and will not deal with or address any issues not related to contaminated fuel.